Saturday 13 February 2016

Beach and Calendar Layouts

This sheet of Seaglass paper was just so gorgeous, I cut it up to create multiple layers.
The leaves were my inspiration for creating the Island.  I punched out 3 circles for coconuts, handcut a Palm tree trunk, tore the sand and waves and added some paint to the cardstock background to create a ocean feel.
The grass chipboard and bird charm really helped finish off the layout.


 I used Distress Stain on the chipboard without a basecoat to created the grassy feel.  I did a second coat on the base for shading.
 While working on the layout I realised this could make a cute Pocket Scrapping card so took this pic with 2 rulers to show it would fit as I didn't have the supplies on hand to make the card as well.

This September Calendar page inspired me. 
I felt it would be a great way to feature a memory.  Though you didn't need to be restricted to the month on the paper as you could simply cover it.
With a single photo over 4 squares and journaling in the relevant squares.
Then I thought a fold out would be fun and would mean you could add more photos.
I went with a monochromatic layout.
It is simple but I love it as the memory is the feature of this layout.




No comments:

Post a Comment