Friday 8 April 2016

Kaisercraft Off the Wall - Rad Sax

I have wanted to scrap this photo of Mr C in his early days of learning to play the sax for some time, I felt Kaisercraft Off The Wall was the perfect range for this photo but I needed a little red.

I used
Kaisercraft Off the Wall - Rad
Kaisercraft Off the Wall - Collectables
Blue and Red Cardstock
I recommend laying things out before you do any cutting or adhering.
Laying things out allowed me to decide if I needed to add paint to the background paper, more cardstock, punch out some stars and so on without wasting product if I wasn't happy.
I decided some splats of red paint were needed so I did a practice one behind where the photo would go just in case.
I was happy with the results.
Then when I did the others they just didn't turn out how I wanted them.
The climate of my home has resulted in my red paint dabber solidifying quiet badly, I added a small amount of water but this did not help, I can only get a watery mix out so it is only suited to splats or smudges.
 I wiped the splats with a baby wipe to get a similar effect to the swiped look of the paper.
 I love this paper but as my favourite local shop was severely damaged in a storm I can't replenish my stash until I travel out of town and see if another shop has some still so I decided to cut some out from behind my main feature and save some for another layout just in case I can't get anymore of this sheet.
When it came time to adhere, I adhered each section of embellishments together and set aside and then adhered the clusters down.
I am very happy with the end results.
This was a quick layout to put together so great for those of us with lots of scrapping to do in a short amount of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment