Wednesday 29 June 2016

Scrap The Boys June Challenge

I first laid out supplies and rough layout for what I wanted to create shortly after my exam and Today I found the time to stick things down while the kids played with their friend who is visiting for the day.
The Scrap The Boys June Challenge was a fun challenge as I used metal buttons I got in a jar from the op-shop and parts of the broken necklace I used on my Altered Book.  I also used 2 of the view finder dies cuts from the July 2015 Just Add Paper Kit from D'lish Scraps.
I grabbed out a assortment of black papers and grey papers to play with.
I attached the metal components with Glossy Accents and then finished them off with a coat of Glossy Accents to seal them.
 
The chain wound up going down differently to how I wanted but I still really like the results.


So will you be joining in the fun of Scrapbooking Challenges?  I look forward to seeing your results.

8 comments:

  1. Sweet layout, Thanks for playing along with Scrap the Boys

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great layout, love the metal details. Thanks for joining us this month at STB

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you.
      When I saw the broken necklace the metal swirly bits really struck me as great for a layout with my boys.

      Delete
  3. OMG OMG WHERE DID YOU GET THE MERMAID FROM? I have had a layout in progress for nearly a year now of a friend who went missing off his trawler. He always said to me someday I wont come back because I will of met my mermaid... I have been after decent mermaid stuff since it was heartbreaking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My local Spotlight in the jewellery section, it is a bookmark.
      Sorry about your friend.

      Delete
  4. ohh ps love the layout Think you had the right amount of nautical stuff happening

    ReplyDelete