Tuesday 26 July 2016

Jot Magazine July Mood Board and Aussie Crafters Pet Layout

I loved the July Mood Board from Jot Magazine when I saw it, it certainly felt warm, I have a small collection of yellow supplies and this was the prompt I needed to use them.

When I saw the prompt for Aussie Crafters July Challenge was Pets I knew I wanted to scrap Lola, I knew it would be sad to scrap this photo as it was taken the morning she passed away on July 4th 2016 but I wanted to create a layout of this beautiful dog that loved us for the last 2 years and 2 months of her life.
The love of a older dog is special.

I hadn't made much progress other than thinking about colours, papers and embelishments I may wish to use, however I had all my yellow supplies out for the Jot Magazine July Mood Board and her photo was on my desk near it I hadn't selected a photo for the Jot Magazine Mood Board yet and I was drawn to the need for the happiness and warmth of the yellow in the Mood Board to be around Lola.

For the Mood Board I had gotten out a collection of yellow embellishments, wood buttons to represent the woodgrain and cut part of a cute doily as I loved the yellow in it and the clothesline of white baby clothes in the Mood Board felt like a doily would fit.
I also added a sheet of lovely yellow patterened paper from the same My Mind's Eye 6x6 Designer Pad Unforgettable Heike gave to me for my Birthday.







As our Pet album is a 8x8 album unless it is a layout going into one of the kids 12x12 I did the ruler trick to see how it would look as a 8x8 layout and then tried 12x12.


















I loved the extra space the 12x12 allowed but felt it was best to do this layout for the family pet album so went with 8x8.
































The paper flowers were 4 petal flowers, I trimmed out the fourth petal to use at a later date on another project since it would be hidden from view.

I am going to include journaling on a tag that will be tucked in behind the photo as I adhered it in a way that would allow this in case I decided I wanted to do this later.  I couldn't make my mind up where to put the journaling so left myself some options.


Linked up over at http://www.simplysaidseven.com/nest-builders-link-up-party-11/

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for linking up at Nest Builders weekly link up. Your post will be featured in this weeks party (#12). Come check it, 8pm Eastern tonight! We will also be sharing on FB, Twitter and Pinterest!

    http://www.simplysaidseven.com/category/nest-builders-link-up-parties/

    ReplyDelete