Wednesday 10 August 2016

Scrapbooking Top 50 Australia August Challenge

Scrapbooking Top 50 Australia's August Challenge well I love cake, I love butterflies and with 3 kids that play instruments any challenge that gets me scrapping those music photos is a challenge for me and I had to have join in for the first time this month.








I decided to use the photo, sheet music and cut up promotional poster from my daughter's Mozart concert that I wound up not using in last month's Kraft+ Challenge.

For the lovely rainbow of butterflies I decided to colour a Chipboard Butterfly from my prize pack I recieved from 2Crafty Chipboard for my June Scrap the Boys layout, after finishing my layout I realised the butterfly I selected was a dragonfly, had a giggle at my sleep deprived self.
I achieve this rainbow by base coating with Gesso and then I started from the middle with yellow and added each colour to create my rainbow of lilac, pale blue, light green, yellow, light orange and light red.


As the poster bits already had pink ink I decided to ink the sheet music with yellow and then blue to tie it in with the rainbow, I also added blue ink to the pink cardstock.




I selected my other embellishments to add to the rainbow on my page.  A purple doily I got at the Destash Market, rose ribbon from my stash and these cute crochet flowers I got from D-lish Scraps as I felt they tied in nicely with the rainbow.  I also added some more of these cute music and cello charms I used last month to my layout.













At first I was going to go with a background paper that had several colours of the rainbow in it but I decided on a softer background.  The paper is from 7Gypsies and is rather old, I like the pattern on it, it just helps with the feel I wanted from the layout.

So what do you think of my quick layout for Scrapbooking Top 50 Australia's August Challenge?

11 comments:

  1. What a lovely page to capture the memories, I love how you colored your "butterfly". Thank you for joining us at SBT50 this month.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely layout and great take on the challenge. I especially love your music themed charms - so cute! Thanks for playing along with the SBT50 challenge this month.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty page Raelene! You're right ... those purple crochet flowers were the perfect addition!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Thank you D-lish Scraps. I love them, used every one I have on this layout, wish I had bought more last year.
      Love your shop :)

      Delete
  4. Love this. I'm addicted to all things turquoise at the moment and with purple ... Beautiful! The doily is great too!
    Louise xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love purple and all shades of teal, turquoise and aqua also, they make a great colour combo.
      Yes the doily is gorgeous, so glad I popped into that destash market.

      Delete
  5. What a beautiful page documenting a lovely memory. I really like the soft colours and the sheet music. And the 'butterfly'. Thanks for joining us this month at SBT50

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Racel.
      I love that I was able to use sheet music played on the night and the promotion flyer to document this memory for my daughter.

      Delete