Sunday 23 October 2016

Show Us Your Stuff Challenge

I was drawn to the Zebra artwork on this month's inspiration board at Show Us Your Stuff.  My kids and I have Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome and the Zebra is the mascot for EDS and Rare Disease, so I knew I wanted to tell part of our journey as EDSers.  I am having a increase in hand issues this month after a once off OT assesment of my hand writing aggravated my hand issues so I started working on bits for this layout at the start of the month and have taken my time.














I used this wonderful template from Ornation Creation for my zebra.  I handmade some zebra themed tassels, used a flair from the digital scrapbooking kit called A Little Something To Remember found at Sweet Shoppe Designs, plus wood veneer from Rainbow Splendour, Stencil & journal spot from D-lish Scraps Just Add Paper Kit this month, DIY ink spray, watercolours, gesso, printed the logo for  SKIP (Supporting Kids In Pain) and printed my title.



Thank you for visitng my blog and checking out my layout.
I hope this has inspired you to create.
Will you be particpating in any challenges this month?

11 comments:

  1. Oh wow Renee, I love your gorgeous Zebra - and the tassle is awesome! Thanks for joining in at Show Us Your Stuff!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cally.
      I loved this months moodboard.
      It's Raelene ;)

      Delete
  2. Wow, the zebra is so impressive. You have captured the moodboard so perfectly. A great way to tell your story. Thanks for joining us at Show Us Your Stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome layout Renee, your Zebra is amazing. Love a layout with a personal story. Thanks for playing at SUYS.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lisette. I do like to get the story down even if it is being told with embellishments and paper selection.
      Raelene :)

      Delete
  4. OH wow Renee. what an amazing story and I love that your inspiration from one of my paintings means so much to you.. thank you so very much... xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. whoops so sorry. Raelene..

      Delete
    2. Hi Leanne J.
      Thank you. Your Zebra painting is stunninng and really inspired me.
      No worries about the name mix up :)

      Delete
  5. Awesome page, i love that zebra and especially what it means to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Amanda.
      It is so hard to find nice Zebra supplies but I love to use them when scrapping our journey as medical zebras :)

      Delete